This is a tanky Neutral [Nova] build.
(Compatible with my Fast Nova and Slow Nova builds)
It's designed to increase the damage enemies take from all sources without annoying your whole squad (eventually including yourself) by slowing down or speeding up all your foes.
I'm using this build in mid to high level missions as a tanky support role. You buff your squad's damage output via Molecular Prime and Power Donation while staying alive and well.
This is how it works:
- Molecular Prime sends out a wave, slowly traveling outwards and coating all enemies it hits with antimatter. Depending on your ability strength, these units will be slowed down or sped up (see Fast Nova, Slow Nova). Coated foes will also take more damage and explode on death.
- Ability range does not affect the wave. You can't change the wave's travel speed, so in order to increase its effective range, you need to pump up ability duration as much as possible (to keep it active and moving for a longer time).
- You can achieve a neutral slow amount by modding 70% ability strength.
- Molecular Fission will - combined with your fourth ability - consistently recharge your Null Star (first ability) particles. This greatly improves your tankiness and survivability, since every active particle reduces incoming damage by an additional 5% - resulting in a permanent 80% damage reduction with all 16 particles active (up to max 18 particles with a different build). The reduced range of this build helps you keeping up this damage mitigation, since your particles will only fly off seeking targets if enemies are in very close proximity to you.
- [Power Donation] reduces the ability Strength to 70%. Another way to do this would require the addition of Overextended in a build. I prefer Power Donation.
- I added an Aura Forma (Wiki article), since it enables me to use differently polarized auras for all three [Nova] builds. If you don't have one or do not care about other builds, feel free to skip it.
Since I'm using this build for high level missions, I prefer to tank up as much as possible. Armor, health, or shield arcanes will do the job.
Energy usually isn't that much of an issue since this build doesn't require you to spam abilities, so Energize isn't necessary.
If you do not want/need the extra tankiness, feel free to use whatever Arcanes you prefer/own.
There are tons of useful optins here. Dispensary, Roar, Ensnare, Breach Surge...time to get creative.
There's always some more potential to further minmax, but I like this build and its moderate amount of polarized slots, leaving room for variations and alternative configs.
Questions? Feel free to message me ingame or via Discord. :)
Warframe tips and beginner's guide here.