This zephyr build is for speed running through regular starchart and steel path as well as open world maps, using tailwind to traverse distances quickly and the jet stream augment to increase movement speed outside of tailwind. Turbulence + rolling guard keeps you effectively immortal and tornado serves as great crowd control and AOE DPS.
The helminth is completely optional but since we have reduced range on this build, airburst is not as effective and could be replaced with an ability that benefits from high duration and/or strength since we are building for jet stream.
Shared polarities with Tornado build: https://overframe.gg/build/245043/
Use narrow minded and primed continuity to increase duration for tailwind, thereby increasing the total speed and distance travelled and also duration for turbulence so you don't need to recast as often.
You want to have positive efficiency since tornados have a high cost on the occasions you will be casting it, as well as allowing you to reduce costs of tailwind. Streamline improves energy economy, but you could switch this for fleeting expertise at the cost of reducing duration if you prefer even better energy economy.
Even at negative range, turbulence has almost a 5m radius meaning it will deflect all projectiles/bullets that enter in a 5m radius around you which is sufficient against most enemy weapons. Range does not affect tornado pull radius but is detrimental to airburst, which we could replace for something else.
Strength is only built for the jet stream augment. If you don't want to run the augment at all, you can switch out both strength mods for natural talent and augur reach/message.
An ability that benefits from both duration and strength is ideal:
- Roar - good for running and gunning, roar also double dips electric procs frequently paired with tornados
- Breach surge - sparks produced by tornados can feed back into tornados into a loop
- Eclipse - good for boosting weapon damage
- Pillage - shield/armor strip and returns shields
- Silence - around neutral range works with silence, helps with crowd control and turning off special enemy abilities e.g acolytes and ancients
- Firewalker/molt/infested mobility - for even faster travelling
Aura - always flexible. Enemy radar helps guide you to enemies and plan your ability casts. Brief respite for more backup survivability. Aerodynamic can be used if you leave default polarity. Combat discipline and arcane avenger is also a fun combo.
Exilus - always flexible. Primed sure footed is usually best in slot if you own it, with handspring as next best alternative. Preparation may be useful to speedruns. Vigilante Pursuit for additional radar.
Rolling guard - while turbulence essential blocks all projectile damage, you can still be hit by AOE effects and environmental status effects. Rolling guard is useful for status cleanse and to stay alive between casts of turbulence. If you don't feel like this is necessary for you, you could always switch this out for more range, duration or strength (with augur mods) or natural talent.
Nearly any weapon modded with either electric or gas works amazingly with tornadoes. Electric is best on weapons with innate electric damage or shotguns that have access to primed charged shell since electric mods scale the damage of electric DoTs which are uncapped in number. On the other hand, toxin/heat mods do not affect final gas damage and gas procs are capped at 10. Electric generally kills much faster and scales higher but gas is a decent alternative on weapons that cannot be modded well to make electric (e.g. Toxin innate kuva and tenet weapons).
Electric Fulmin: https://overframe.gg/build/244686/fulmin/electric-fulmin-for-zephyr-tornado-nuking/
Electric Bubonico: https://overframe.gg/build/210444/bubonico/bubonico-corrosive-primary-electric-secondary-hybrid/
- Activate turbulence (3) and keep active at all times for near invulnerability and speed buff, using rolling guard in between casts to prevent fatal damage if needed
- Tap tailwind (1) to traverse around the map quickly or hold 1 while airborne to hover (drains energy)
- Cast helminth ability (2) as needed - e.g. keep roar/eclipse active, breach surge near enemies
- Tap tornado (4) to create mobile tornados, use aim down sight to command them OR hold 4 to create stationary tornadoes
- Shoot tornado with electric/gas modded weapon to nuke enemies in the tornado