This is a more active steel path viable build focused around [Wukong]'s Celestial Twin and giving it both increased damage and crowd control utility. We subsume Eclipse and use the [Total Eclipse] augment to boost damage of both you and the clone, as well as utilizing the [Celestial Stomp] augment for amazing crowd control. Survivability comes from crowd control, shield gating and wukong's passive rather than the normal health/armor tanking route. Roar is a good alternative option that saves an augment slot but provides less overall potential damage and is not spammable for easy shield gating.
Positive duration benefits all abilities, predominantly [Celestial Stomp] stun duration and Eclipse duration.
This stat must be minimum for reliable shield gating since 1, 2 and 4 are all too cheap to cast (39 energy). At 45% efficiency with [Brief Respite] AND triple augur bonus, pressing 1, 2 or 4 is enough for max shield [Regen] (must have decaying dragon key on and a third augur mod on a pistol or sentinel weapon).
High range gives a [Celestial Stomp] range of 40m+ which is a very large area, as well as wide [Total Eclipse] area , great for buffing other players as well as giving a nice range boost to cloud walker stun and defy explosion.
Strength of 218% gives a 327% increase to both yours and clones damage in maximum light with Eclipse.
[Brief Respite] is important for shield gating.
Alternative auras include [Steel Charge] for mod capacity or [Enemy Radar].
If you decide not to use shield gating, then you can drop both augur mods and use more health, adaptation or strength.
- Energize is useful but not crucial. Helps top up energy so you can spam stomp or defy as needed
- Damaging arcanes like avenger, acceleration, [Rage] e.t.c
Roar is a very viable alternative to Eclipse. While the flat damage increase potential is much lower compared to eclipse, advantages of roar include:
- Does not require an augment, allowing further duration or power strength
- Snap locks the damage buff so the clone benefits regardless of distance
- More consistent and completely independent of lighting
- Functions similar to faction mods in that it double dips on DoTs such as heat and slash/bleed procs.
Make sure a Decaying Dragon Key is equipped to drop your max shields for easier shield gating.
1. Cast 1 to activate your Celestial Twin
2. Switch to melee so your twin holds a primary for nuking (e.g. AOE weapon like Kuva Zarr/Ogris/bramma) or secondary (e.g. Kuva nukor) for nuking/priming OR remove your melee so both your clone and you can use the same AOE weapon.
3. Activate 4 Eclipse to buff yourself and clone
4. Hold 1 to stomp for crowd control (note, this can slow acolytes with a reduced effect)
5. Use 2 to travel, heal or cleanse status (basically [Rolling Guard])
6. Use 2 or 4 when shields break to regain shields. Use 3 to also become invulnerable and gain armor. (remember you can cancel cloudwalker anytime)