This is actually a 3 Forma build as Overframe incorrectly lists [Gara]'s aura polarity as Vazarin instead of Madurai
A hybrid build which makes you very durable as well as allowing high damage output, with strong close range damage (Splinter Storm) and Good AOE clear that can hit up to 2 rooms away in all directions (Mass Vitrify).
- Arcane Energize: The obvious downside to this build is the lack of efficiency, this can mostly be remedied by running the Zenurik focus tree and a Tier 2-4 Arcane Energize
- Arcane Aegis: Preferably at rank 4. With this arcane you will be able to out [Regen] enemy attacks with the 90% damage reduction from your splinter storm as well as keeping your health pool safe from Slash/Toxic with Adaptation.
- Arcane [Fury]: If you really want to go nuts with damage you can add one of these in and break your Mass Vitrify when it procs (Arcane [Fury] affects the damage of Shattered Lash, currently unsure if 2x Arcane [Fury] stacks.)
[Gara]'s strength lies in maps where enemies are coming to you (Survival, Defense, Interception, etc) although I wouldn't necessarily call her a defensive frame.
The basic rotation of this build is as follows:
- Cast Splinter Storm on self.
- Cast Mass Vitrify (preferably on a mass of enemies). Refreshes Splinter Storm
- Stand outside Mass Vitrify and cast Shattered Lash on it. Adds damage to Splinter Storm
- Repeat from step 2 whenever Splinter Storm's remaining duration is low.
Gara's abilities have A LOT of scale-ability and interactions so I won't try to list them all here. I highly recommend reading the Warframe Wiki page.
- Damage can be ramped up infinitely by breaking Mass vitrify on it over and over again.
- Refreshes when Mass Vitrify is Cast
- Can be Nullified
- This ability really has no room in this build due to the limited energy available to us
- Might be ok as a support ability using the Spectrosiphon augment mod
- Can be Nullified
- Enemies that are crystallized by the expanding wall have their health and shield added to wall's health.
- Wall health is affected by Gara's Health, Ability Strength and Armour value.
- Ability Strength and Armour value also scale the amount crystallized enemy health and shields added to the Wall.
- Can be wall dashed off.
- Some allied units cannot pass through the wall allowing for easier defense of mobile targets (drones, etc)
- Can be used to effectively defend objectives in low-mid game missions however Arbitration and Sortie 3 enemies will destroy shield segments fairly quickly, therefore it's recommended to use the shield to crowd control/offensively for the most part.
- Can be Nullified
- Bring a fast firing ranged weapon to destroy nullifiers as they will be the biggest threat to you.
- If you don't have a high ranked Arcane Energize you can instead/also bring a weapon with a Syndicate Radial Effect that restores energy (Cephalon Suda, Red Veil). My personal favourite is a Supra/[Supra Vandal] with the [Entropy Burst] mod, as you wont be using your weapons much you can keep your Syndicate weapon equipped at all times to build charge and restore energy.
- If you have a coordinated group you can cast Splinter Storm on your allies and refresh it with Mass Vitrify.
- Picking a Melee weapon with a cool looking finisher is advised as your passive (Glint) opens enemies for finishers frequently.
- [Primed Continuity] is a luxury, regular [Continuity] is fine as well.
While I've only recently picked up [Gara] in the last few weeks she is (in my opinion) a highly under rated frame and hopefully after using this build you'll see her as the beast she is. I'll be adding to this build and guide as I learn more about her synergies and strengths.