If you like this build, give it a 👍 to help out!
Build by The Simulacrum Warriors
Damage is significantly increased by detonating the [Glaive] with your heavy attack key after each throw. This is not a bounce focused build.
[Power Throw] requires very precise timing to chain consecutive throws.
This timing changes based on several factors including the distance to the enemy and when you manually detonate the [Glaive].
It can be replaced at a significant cost to your average damage per second.
[Volatile Quick Return] can make the timing for consecutive throws significantly more difficult in close range combat.
It can be replaced at a significant reduction in total range on the thrown explosions.
Tips for learning to use [Power Throw]:
- Practice chaining throws without detonating the [Glaive]. Do this until you've built enough muscle memory to consistently keep the buff.
- After detonating the glaive, immediately hold down the melee key to queue up another throw and keep the Power Throw buff.
- Change your keyboard/controller bindings so that throwing then detonating the [Glaive] can be done quickly and seamlessly.
- Use the "Melee with Fire Weapon Input" option in the game settings if you're struggling to aim the [Glaive] on controllers.
(Caution: This setting has several bugs and can lock you out of certain mechanics in new updates.)
- Try detonating the [Glaive] slightly behind enemies to give yourself more time to chain the next throw.
- Once you've mastered detonating the [Glaive] at various ranges, the final thing to learn is instant detonations. This requires you to throw the [Glaive], detonate it instantly, and then chain another throw to repeat the process. This is very difficult and can't be done on reaction. This skyrockets the damage per second.
Do you have any questions or improvements to suggest for the build?
Would you like access to other guides and resources?
Want to join the clan and play with experienced, endgame Tenno?
Join the Remnants of the Void Discord server to become a part of our community!