Lua's Prey update is all about
[Voruna] [Grendel] Rework. This fat guy literally went from zero to hero. Not only did he become a "killing machine", but also the changes that took place in him made him one of the biggest tanks in the game, and a solid Warframe for a level cap.
- Each enemy still alive in Grendel's belly passively grants him 250 Armor
- Passive bonus value is displayed above Grendel's ability icons
- Armor bonus per enemy is not affected by Mods and has a limit of 1,250 bonus armor at the 5 enemy cap
- With 5 enemies in Grendel's belly that gives you a total of 1600 Armor, and this alone gives you 84.2% Damage Reduction
- (1) Feast - Swallow an enemy whole and store it in [Grendel]'s gut. HOLD to vomit out stored enemies, covering them in toxic bile. Feast also vacuums Pickups and thrown Hand Grenades near the aiming reticle for Grendel. Toxin Damage on vomit is affected by enemy level and amount of enemies stored.
- (2) Nourish - [Grendel] absorbs nourishment from his stomach contents, discharging a splash that inflicts Viral Damage with 10 Viral stacks and Stagger to enemies in a 12-meter radius with a cooldown of 2 seconds, and boosts weapons with an additional Viral Damage. Nourish requires at least 1 enemy swallowed by Feast to be alive in Grendel's gut to cast.
- (3) Pulverize - [Grendel] curls into a ball and knocks over anyone in his path. Jumping slams [Grendel] into the ground and generates a damaging shockwave, expending 0 Energy while draining 3 Energy per second. Drains 0 Energy when Feast stores enemies in his stomach. Grendel can use other abilities while he is a ball.
- (4) Regurgitate - puke out a bile soaked enemy from [Grendel]'s gut, turning the unfortunate creature into a Toxic Projectile. On direct collision with other enemies are slowed by 80% which slowly diminishes over 6 seconds, and permanently removes of their armor. Regurgitate expels out the next available enemy swallowed by Feast, requiring at least 1 enemy inside [Grendel]'s gut to be cast.
I used Aura Forma to freely use any Aura.
In this build I used [Combat Discipline], to activate Arcane Avenger (+45% flat Critical Chance)
You can use any other Aura you like, here are some examples:
- Brief Respite , to take advantage of Shield Gating
- Growing Power for... more Strength
- Enemy Radar for QoL
- Mecha Empowered , if you are going to replace Kavat with Kubrow
- Primed Sure Footed is the best choice.
- Energize: Energy replenish on Energy Orb pickup, 15s cooldown
- Eruption: knockdown on Energy Orb pickup
- Avenger: +45% Critical Chance for 12s
- Molt Augmented: up to +60% Strength on kill
- Molt Efficiency: up to 36% Duration over a period of time while Shields are active
- Crimson Archon Shards (RED): literally any, your choice
- Amber Archon Shards (YELLOW): any but Parkour Velocity, +25% (+37.5%) Casting Speed is always welcome
- Azure Archon Shards (BLUE): any but Shield Capacity
- Naramon for its Power Spike
- Zenurik for Energy Replenish
- Madurai for its Power Transfer and Sling Strength
- Vazarin for its Protective Sling
Any other Focus School for whatever reason you want to achieve
- Aquablades - additional Slash Damage around you
- Breach Surge - Damage Multiplier, Blind, Sparks
- Eclipse - huge Damage Bonus, Damage Reduction
- Ensnare - grouping enemies
- Gloom - Slow, Life Steal
- Resonator - replace one ball with another ball, LOL (actually it's to draw agro out of you)
- Roar - another huge Damage Bonus
- Sickening Pulse - amazing for aplying many Status Effects at once
- Spectrorage - with its augment Spectrosiphon (replace it with Augur Secrets/Equilibrium) = fontaine of Energy Orbs
- Warcry - with its augment Eternal War (replace it with Augur Secrets/Equilibrium/Stretch) will make you absolute melee war machine
- Xata's Whisper - additional Void Damage Bonus and bullet attractor
You can find some weapons, that will synergize with his kit, any Status Sprayers are always welcome, also Primers, for melees - nothing specific
[Grendel]'s rework made him a very solid pick for Long Endurance Runs. Before the rework, he was seen as a Warframe meme, the current situation is completely different and has completely changed the way people look at him. As I mentioned at the beginning, [Grendel]'s Rework is a perfect example of "from zero to hero".