Use the Siren's Song of Resonator to [Charm] enemies into passiveness while they are pilfered by the tentacles of the [Kraken]. This is a steel path endurance survival looting focused build using [Pilfering Swarm] to generate additional loot and oxygen, resonator for an extra layer of crowd control allowing you to safely charge Tentacle Swarm and Tidal Surge to travel around quickly with [Tidal Impunity] providing status and knockdown immunity so you can use AOE weapons without owning primed sure footed.
Survivability in Steel Path is from the following factors:
- Resonator basically turns off all AI so you won't take damage from charmed enemies
- Brief respite + TWO Augur mods + Decaying Dragon key fills max shields for full shield gate window after one non-charge cast of tentacle swarm or resonator (without [Conductor] augment so you can recast resonator), to [Protect] from any breakthrough damage. Note, the build only has ONE augur mod. Two get two, you will either need to put [Augur Seeker] on your pistol or sentinel secondary OR put [Augur Message] over [Primed Continuity] (fits with redslotting without extra forma). Due to shield gating, you do NOT require health, shields, armor or adaptation in endurance steel path.
- [Tidal Impunity] gives you status immunity for 30s and tidal surge makes you invulnerable for 1 second, basically like a slightly different [Rolling Guard].
- Cast Resonator and keep active at all times. [Conductor] augment lets you tap 1 again to command it to a location.
- Charge Tentacle Swarm and cast on your location when full for max range and max enemy capacity (20). Choose a more open area so enemies don't get stuck behind walls. Kill enemies grabbed by tentacles to generate more loot. For a quicker full shield [Regen] tap 4 without charging.
- Use Tidal Surge whenever you lose shields or are afflicted by damaging statuses to run away and clear statuses, or at least cast once every 30s to keep the status immunity buff from [Tidal Impunity]. For a quick Tidal Surge, just tap 2 followed by jump to immediately cancel the wave travel animation.
- Undertow can be used as a slow grouping mechanic or to have a breather, but will generally not be used much.
High duration means less recasting of resonator and tentacles, as well as long buff duration of [Tidal Impunity] and travel speed from tidal surge for general missions.
Neutral efficiency is required so either resonator/tidal surge can completely refill shields on one cast (with brief respite + TWO augur mods). Primed flow with pilfering swarms loot generation +/- arcane energize allows you to maintain near max energy at all times.
High range helps with resonator, but can be slightly detrimental to tentacles as they can [Extend] beyond the room that you are in and trap enemies there. You would ideally adjust the range of tentacles according to the tileset, with more neutral range suited to smaller maps (drop [Overextended] for [Stretch]), negative range for maps with lots of corridors (drop [Overextended] for [Streamline]) and high range for large maps (can even add [Stretch]).
None of [Hydroid]'s abilities do significant scaling damage to make an impact in steel path so we can drop strength entirely, particularly since strength does NOT affect loot chance of tentacles.
Aura - brief respite is best for survivability. Enemy radar, corrosive projection are alternatives.
Exilus - [Conductor] augment lets you semi group enemies into the range of your tentacles. Alternatives are vigilante pursuit, primed sure footed, handspring, conductor augment.
Use pirate themed weapons for fun!
Kuva Zarr - good option since Tidal Impunity makes you immune to self-knockdown, and [Kuva Zarr] looks like a cannon from a pirate ship.
[Nami Skyla Prime]