General use Steel path [Harrow] build using his full kit to provide shield regen for shield gating, high range of crowd control, energy regen for the team, reload/fire rate buffs and long duration covenant for both invulnerability window (i-frames) and crit buff.
NEW POST VEILBREAKER Pillage FULL-STRIP variant: https://overframe.gg/build/374713/
Lasting Covenant CRIT variant: https://overframe.gg/build/258768/
Thermal Sunder NUKE Harrow: https://overframe.gg/build/274897/
- Channel Thurible when you have enough starting enough pool to hit higher energy regen per kill. You want to hit at least 30-40 energy/kill (e. .about 3 seconds), so each headshot kill gives you about 100 energy, but leave enough leftover energy to cast Condemn at least once for safety. When you need to refresh Thurible in the middle of battle, simply use i-frames from either [Rolling Guard] (3s) or Covenant and channel while invincible. You can also press 3 and 4 at the same time, so you are immortal while channeling Thurible, and you can fit two full rotations of covenant (33s) into roughly one thurible time (64s+3s channel).
- Spam Condemn whenever possible for crowd control and overshield generation, which also makes getting headshots much easier.
- Use Penance when at high overshields while invulnerable (with [Rolling Guard] or covenant) then immediately regenerate shields with Condemn OR cast Condemn first and immediately cast penance, which will use up your overshields while condemn refills your shields simultaneously so you never drop down to zero shield.
- Use Covenant when near enemies and absorb damage to convert into crit chance buff. You only need to prevent approximately 2000 damage to hit maximum buff.
- Land headshots whenever possible to regenerate more energy and see red crits.
Here is a short video guide on how to play Harrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Escs1Cz1800
Duration benefits all abilities meaning less energy is spent overall, less time spent micromanaging ability casts to refresh buffs and longer i-frames from covenant.
Minimum efficiency paired with [Primed Flow] is fine for [Harrow] since Thurible will give us a consistent source of energy regeneration and most abilities will have a long duration.
High range is useful for crowd control from Condemn and the aura of Thurible so your team can benefit from energy [Regen]. This is the most flexible stat based on your preference. You can add [Narrow Minded] over [Augur Reach] if you prefer much longer duration in low level missions where crowd control is not as necessary.
High strength benefits all of [Harrow]'s abilities but there are no strength breakpoints required to make each ability function well. Having higher strength makes it slightly easier to cap overshields with 1, give a higher penance buff, give slightly more energy from thurible and makes it easier to [Reach] critical cap of 50% on Covenant.
[Natural Talent] is now flexible if you can slot 2 or more Amber Archon shards for cast speed.
Constitution or Augur Reach are both flexible slots
Flexible slots can be swapped for:
- Augur Message - cheaper alternative to constitution or stacks with constitution to give even more duration
- Umbral Intensify - will need additional forma. [Archon Intensify] also works but requires active healing from Penance and therefore loss of health, which can be difficult unless you run combat discipline.
- Streamline- if you have issues with energy economy despite Thurible
- Lasting Covenant augment - gain potentially infinite duration of crit bonus but lose the i-frames from covenant. Good for non-endurance speedruns where you want to do alot damage consistently and don't need i-frames.
- Narrow Minded - significant increase duration so less reactivation of abilities is required. if you use narrow minded, need to add overextended to counterbalance range drop and maybe umbral intensify to counterbalance strength drop.
- Tribunal augment - use this if you also want to play a support role for your team by sharing the buffs of penance and thurible.
Rolling Guard - preferred in high level/SP missions for status cleanse and more i-frames in addition to covenant. If you don't like this or need it, can swap for:
- Adaptation - ok to use in lower level missions to shield tank
- Narrow minded - counterbalance with overextended
- Enemy radar is ideal as it allows you to track enemy density before activating covenant and thurible.
- Corrosive Projection gives small amount of additive armor strip
- Combat Discipline can be used to proc Arcane Avenger for even more crits. Health lost on kill is healed by penance.
- Primed Sure Footed is ideal to prevent all knockdown. Handspring is next best alternative
- Vazarin is the ideal school as protective dash gives even more i-frames in between casts of Covenant and cooldown of rolling guard, giving you a near constant amount of i-frames. Vazarin's passive also increases affinity range which scales both the bonuses of penance and covenant.
- Madurai gives amp damage boosts and +40% bonus strength
Completely flexible and up to you. Arcanes that proc off headshots synergize well since [Harrow] is all about getting headshots.
Molt Efficiency gives free extra duration with shields active, which is easy to maintain with Condemn.
Molt Vigor/Molt Augmented gives free extra strength to boost penance/thurible.
Arcane Pistoleer gives ammo efficiency on headshots with your secondary
Arcane Consequence gives lots of parkour velocity on headshots
Totally up to personal preference, but adding 2 or more Amber shards allows you to drop [Natural Talent] for one of the other flexible options.
[Harrow]'s kit is generally full and synergistic so helminth is usually unnecessary. Here are some interesting options to try nevertheless:
- Thermal Sunder - replace 1 or 2, allows Harrow to nuke lower level/unarmored/non SP enemies with thermal sunder spam, which is sustainable due to thurible. Great choice for relic speedruns and even sanctuary onslaught. Add Overextended and Umbral Intensify over rolling guard/consitutition and augur reach. e.g. https://overframe.gg/build/274897/
- Petrify with Ore Gaze - subsume over 1 or 2 and replace constitution with Ore Gaze (brief respite is optional).
- Xata's Whisper over 2 - the void damage of [Xata]'s Whisper double dips headshot multipliers and can create a bullet attractor field that draws further projectiles to the head if the first bullet was a headshot. This has excellent synergy with Harrow who specializes in headshots.
- Pillage can be used to replace Condemn IF you are okay with giving up your only crowd control option, in favour of slightly easier shield regen and armor/shield strip. This is only recommended in lower levels where crowd control is not as crucial to survival. You can drop range if you subsume away condemn for pillage.
- Ensnare can be used over 1 or 2 for great crowd control and grouping that allows you to line up headshots in rapid succession
- Silence - universally useful crowd control that stuns enemies for 2s, which can be refreshed on rentering range, giving you breathing room before casting condemn. Also disables special abilities of enemies, including acolyte abilities (even violence).
- Gloom - doesn't actually synergize well with [Harrow]'s kit since you cannot regenerate energy from Thurible while gloom is draining, and slowed enemies shoot you less for covenant. You can however turn gloom off when you need to regenerate energy on demand and use [Lasting Covenant] to keep the crit buff activate at all times.
Weapons that have special bonuses on headshots or weapons with extreme critical multipliers synergize well with Harrow's need for headshots and covenant's flat crit chance boost.