This build focuses on maximising weapon DPS through 100% armor strip from [Abating Link] and two sources of critical chance from [Champion's Blessing] and Arcane Avenger. [Champion's Blessing] provides up to a maximum of 350% additive crit chance based on % health healed, while Arcane Avenger provides a flat 45% boost to final crit chance. This means if you use the [Kuva Bramma] with [Point Strike] alone, you hit a final crit chance of 255%, or every second hit is a red crit.
You can optionally use a Bleeding Dragon Key to drop your max health which means the % healed is increased per Bless cast and the crit chance boost is sped up, however, you will want to use [Quick Thinking] to prevent accidental death. Without a bleeding dragon key it will take approximately 2 to 5 mins to ramp up the bonus to maximum when playing Solo. This is because Link and Bless provides 75% damage reduction each or 93% DR total and this applies to [Combat Discipline], meaning rather than losing 10 health per kill, you only lose 1 health per kill. You need to heal 3 health points to gain 1% crit chance. This process can be sped up significantly with a companion (e.g. cat) that needs healing.
VEILBREAKER UPDATE Sep 2022
[Abating Link] Armor strip has been buffed, now only requiring 167% strength for full strip rather than 223%. [Archon Intensify] is a new mod that gives a total of 60% strength without the downside of [Transient Fortitude] (30% on top of base 30% whenever you actually restore health). This is usually very difficult to proc but actually easy to keep up in this build since [Combat Discipline] causes health loss and Bless restores health. If you don't own or want to use Archon Intensify, simply swap this for Transient Fortitude (OR Umbral Intensify + Augur Secrets/Archon Shards)
2 Amber Cast speed - allows you to drop Natural Talent for Rolling Guard or More strength/duration
2-3 Strength shards - could allow you to swap [Archon Intensify] for [Umbral Intensify] and still hit full strip from [Abating Link].
- Cast Energy Vampire frequently to top up energy to max
- Keep Link and Bless active at all times
- Get kills to trigger [Combat Discipline] and arcane avenger
- Cast Bless to heal damage taken and trigger [Champion's Blessing]
- Once at maximum buff, make sure to always refresh Bless before the crit buff wears off
If Silence is subsumed, stay mobile to crowd control enemies passively. Silence also blocks special abilities of acolytes and enemies.
Duration is required for upkeep on link, blessing and the crit buff of [Champion's Blessing].
We can dump efficiency completely since [Primed Flow] and energy vampire allows us to regenerate tons of energy, particularly on killing enemies.
Negative to neutral range gives link and silence around 15-20m range which is sufficient. High range is actually detrimental to silence as you cannot re-stun enemies quickly.
We need to hit the 167% strength for abating link to fullstrip. This can be achieved by Transient fortitude/[Archon Intensify] + molt augmented + [Power Drift] with [Overextended]. Alternatively you could drop [Natural Talent] if you have arcon shards for [Archon Intensify] and not run Molt Augmented if you prefer not to have to build up kills first, or drop overextended for stretch and have a smaller range link.
[Combat Discipline] is used to proc both Arcane Avenger AND Champion's blessing. Heal back any lost health with blessing.
Exilus is flexible:
- Cunning Drift to offset the range loss from narrow minded
- Primed Sure Footed - You don't really need this as Link does offer knockdown resist, I find link is not a very reliable source as you lose knockdown resistance as soon as linked enemies die, particularly if you use AOE weapons with bomblets and multishot (like [Zarr], bramma, [Sporelacer])
Avenger is needed to synergize with [Combat Discipline] to give flat +45% crit chance
Energize is completely optional since EV provides energy, but may be useful as a backup in case you run out of energy to even cast EV
Rolling guard and Primed Continuity - can be swapped between [Narrow Minded] and [Stretch].
If you prefer to health tank, you can add [Adaptation] over [Abating Link], run arcane guardian over molt augmented and run stretch over overextended
Since Trinity already has health/shield/energy generation, damage reduction, armor strip and damage from champion's blessing, the only type of ability missing is crowd control. Good options to fit the stats of the build include:
- Silence: works well with neutral range since it can be refreshed multiple times on the same targets if you move in and out of range. Also prevents special abilities like certain knockdowns, ancient hooks, grenades and acolyte abilities. This also prevents eximus from casting abilities.
- Ensnare: Great grouping ability that allows you to group enemies, spam multiple times and makes headshots easy
- Resonator: Cheat mode for crowd control but the low range may not be ideal
- Shooting Gallery + [Muzzle Flash] augment: constantly stuns crowds and also blinds eximus THROUGH overguard. You may want more range to make this feel more effective, and also requires [Muzzle Flash] augment.
Any primary and secondary weapon with decent base critical chance would pair best to give you the best chance of hitting more consistent red crits (>25% for pure orange crits, >40% for pure red crits). Examples of each type include:
- Primaries: Kuva Chakkurr, Dread, Lenz, Cernos Prime, Synapse, Kuva Bramma, Zenith (alt-fire), Daikyu, Acceltra, Amprex, Stahlta (alt-fire)
- Secondaries: [Epitaph], [Tenet Diplos], [Athodai], [Plinx], [Euphona Prime], [Pandero], [Sepulcrum]