WARNING: For players who have NOT finished The Second Dream and [War] Within quests, be aware that this guide contains mild spoilers.
This build is meant for Eidolon hunting with a casual (aka not fully optimized) squad and/or randoms.
It's compatible with my all-purpose build.
Your primary task is keeping your squad safe from magnetic status effects and buffing up everyone's crit chance with your fourth ability (Covenant):
- Every time the Eidolon is downed, press 4 right before it emits magnetic shockwaves. If your team can bring down the regenerated shields before your crit buff runs out, you'll greatly increase weapon DPS for killing the next Synovia.
- If you have spare energy, activate your 2 to increase your fire rate and reload speed. (Keep in mind that this will drain your shields!)
- Finding the right timing to activate your 4 for the last phase of the fight requires a bit of experience. Ideally, you'd want your crit buff to kick in the moment the Eidolon becomes vulnerable.
Build optimization and variations:
- Duration: If you have not or barely hunted Eidolons, I recommend more duration. Play around with the values until you find the right amount for you. Power strength is useful but not necessarily required, so feel free to replace Augur Secrets and/or Intensify. For speedruns, you'll need less duration.
- You can easily replace Augur Secrets by Adaptation, extra duration, or whatever suits your playstyle.
Depending on your team setup, you might not want [Corrosive Projection] or [Coaction Drift]. Your goal is to reduce the Eidolon's armor as much as possible without fully removing it. This way, your sniper rifle (modded with radiation and cold) will deal the maximum amount of damage.
Use whatever you prefer/own...
- Momentum (sniper reload speed) is extremely helpful!
- Arcane Aegis (or Barrier) keeps your shields up. Since shields are a resource for your 2 (Penance), I like the extra regen/upkeep. It's a quality-of-life thingy...
Operator section: (if you don't know what that is, it's a SPOILER!)
- I recommend utilizing the Zenurik school (Energizing Dash + Way-bounds) for beginners/casual runs or Madurai (Void Strike) for more experienced players.
- Fully unlocking the Vazarin Way-bounds (Enduring Tides, Rejuvenating Tides) ASAP is highly recommended!
- If you're fairly new to this, build any modular Amp and gild it, it'll be better than what you're using right now.
- A good Amp would be a X-2-7 (Prism of your choice, Shraksun Scaffold, Certus Brace). Use the Shraksun's alt fire to bring down Eidolon shields. There are several other good/better combinations. Some of these require a very specific strategy or playstyle to fully utilize them. There are plenty of Eidolon speedrunning guides out there if you decide to learn more. As a rule of thumb: Status chance doesn't matter here, all you want is damage and crit.
- Jam a Virtuos Strike into your Amp. (Or Virtuos Shadow for a more advanced playstyle later on.)
- If you can get your hands on Magus Vigor (Quills) and/or Magus Repair (Vox Solaris), use them! They'll drastically increase your survivability.
There's always some more potential to further minmax, but I like this build and its moderate amout of polarized slots, leaving room for variations and alternative configs.
More Eidolon builds:
Questions? Feel free to message me ingame or via Discord. :)
Warframe tips and beginner's guide here.