TL;DR: 49k damage, 40m range, unintentionally help your squad.
I have always enjoyed playing [Ember] and was terrified when DE said they were going to rework her. Thankfully it turned out well and this is a setup I use for her meteors.
Since [Ember]'s ult scales with both duration and strength I decided to use [Augur Message] and [Augur Secrets] to determine which stat scales better. Both of the mods add 24% to their respective stat, so I used them to determine the scaling.
Base damage: 2,500 + 700 x 15 = 13,000
[Augur Message]: 2,500 + 700 x 18.6 = 15,520
[Augur Secrets]: 3,100 + 868 x 15 = 16,120
Using those numbers we can see that strength scales better. How much better?
(modded damage - base damage) / % increase = damage / %
Augur Message: (15,520 - 13,000) / 24 = 105 damage / 1% duration
Augur Secrets: (16,120 - 13,000) / 24 = 130 damage / 1% duration
These numbers can be used to calculate which mods will give [Ember] the most damage without having to guess and wonder about combinations. This assumes a linear relationship but can be confirmed.
[Narrow Minded] increases duration by 99% and range won't affect the damage so we can assume [Narrow Minded] gives an increase of 99 x 105 = 10,395 damage to our base; totaling 23,395.
Actual modded values are: 2,500 + 700 x 29.85 = 23,395
The relationship is linear.
Now that we know that it's accurate to calculate mod value:
- [Blind Rage]: 12,870
- [Narrow Minded]: 10,395
- [Primed Continuity]: 5,775
- [Umbral Intensify]: 5,720, 7,150, 8,580
- [Transient Fortitude]: 4,263
- Augur Secrets: 3,120
- Constitution: 2,940
- Augur Message: 2,520
- Power Drift: 1,950
- Fleeting Expertise: -6,300
- Overextended: -7,800
Using this list I selected my damage increasing mods with the following considerations:
- Narrow Minded will reduce the range to 23.5m from 40m and increase damage by 6,132 -- increased range feels better to use so I opted out of using this mod
- Spending 3 slots on Blind Rage and it's compensation is still more damage than adding Augur Secrets, Constitution, and Augur Message together -- I compensated for Blind Rage by using Flow and Exothermic
- The total damage output of the meteors is ~50k and can take out high level enemies, base survivability is not enough -- [Umbral Vitality] increases damage and has higher effective health than [Umbral Fiber]. [Ember] does not really have the baseline bulk to survive long enough for [Adaptation] to stack up. Use Arcane Grace or [Guardian] to further enhance durability.
[Exothermic] makes your energy economy based on RNG, so [Primed Flow] creates a buffer that mitigates this.
As for [Exothermic], I am basing my usage off of averages.
15% chance to drop an energy orb after being killed by or while under the effect of Inferno.
Energy orbs restore a baseline 25 energy so you get 25 x 0.15 = 3.75 energy refunded per kill.
Examples of 10 target Inferno casts:
Exothermic: 10 enemies x 15.5 energy/enemy - 37.5 refund = 117.5 net energy cost
[Streamline]: 10 x 12.5 = 125
[Fleeting Expertise]: 10 x 9.5 = 95
These examples show that the lowest cost for Inferno comes from using [Fleeting Expertise], but decreases your damage by 6.3k and does not consider Arcane Energize. Arcane Energize is a 40% chance to gain 125 energy from an orb instead of 25. Using this arcane changes the math to an average of 3.75 energy for 60% of your kills and 18.75 energy for 40% of your kills. Put those numbers together: (3.75 x 0.6) + (18.75 x 0.4) = 9.75 energy refund on average.
Exothermic + Arcane Energize: 10 x 15.5 - 97.5 = 57.5
[Fleeting Expertise] + [Streamline]: 10 x 6.5 = 65
This combination produces an even higher effective efficiency than using [Streamline] and [Fleeting Expertise] on top of no damage loss from [Fleeting Expertise]. Again, this high efficiency comes at the cost of RNG energy economy, but AVERAGES better. Using a 2nd Arcane Energize is also an option.
Don't want to use an umbral forma? You can:
- Replace Transient Fortitude with Augur Secrets (decreases damage 1.1k)
- Replace [Umbral Vitality] with normal Vitality (decrease damage 1.4k, health by 110)
The latter options uses 1 less forma because Ember comes with a D/Vazarin polarity.
[Narrow Minded]: Replace [Transient Fortitude] to increase your damage by 6.1k but lose 17m of range
Fleeting Expertise: Replace Exothermic if you want more consistent performance at the cost of damage output
Augur Secrets/[Constitution]: Replace [Stretch] with one of these mods for more damage at the cost of ~11m of range
[Power Drift]: Replace [Cunning Drift] to increase damage 2k but lose 4m of range