Why is it the Ultimate Broberon™?
Because it's been made to babysit your squad like a good big brother. With this build you are able to, but not limited to:
- Drastically increase the Effective Health Points (EHP) of yourself and your whole squad through Iron Renewal + Elemental Ward (Heat), no matter the distance as long as they don't get it removed by Nullifier or your Energy becomes 0.
- Consistently heal your squad Health each second or in a small burst if needed with Renewal. Optionally, you can add Phoenix Renewal to add an extra life every 90s!
- Prevents status effects in an area, while also making creatures take a bit of damage and attack themselves through a constant Radiation status effect through Hallowed Ground.
- Buff allies to do extra Radiation Damage with their weapons, which partly bypass most heavy units armors with [Smite Infusion]. See Radiation Damage on the Wiki for more info.
How To Use
You'll be playing like any other support Oberon build:
- Try to position yourself in the center of your team whenever possible, to attempt to buff all of them at once and drop your Hallowed Ground in a good position to help them.
- Always try to buff after causing a status effect to an enemy to get +25% Power Strength to your buffs through Growing Power. It makes a difference.
- Pay attention to your Energy, making use of Arcane Energize and/or Emergence Dissipate to keep it as high as possible if possible. If you happen to have your Energy emptied, use use Energy Pads to restore your Energy at least to half as much before using Renewal again. You can use the other buffs meanwhile to increase the squad's EHP.
- Pay attention to your squad mates' UI frames on the right of the screen to check if they are buffed as intended.
- Avoid Nullifier bubbles and other effects that cancel abilities, since they will cancel all your buffs on you and your squad mates.
- Kill enemies with your weapons and use Smite if you want and your Energy allows it.
Mod & Arcane Swap Options
- You can use Emergence Dissipate in place of Arcane Energize for Energy. Use whatever Arcane you want in its place. You can also use Hunter's Munition to replenish health, but Oberon is not too tanky to reliably use it. You should avoid getting damaged with him.
- You can swap [Power Drift] for [Primed Sure Footed], but remember that while stepping on Hallowed Ground, you are immune to knockbacks too. You can also swap it for Cunning Drift if you want a bit more Range.
- You can swap Transient Fortitude for Augur Secrets if you want a bit more Duration.
- You can swap Primed Flow for Streamline, but the performance might be a bit more annoying.
- You can swap [Smite Infusion] or another mod of your choice for [Phoenix Renewal], but your stats will be lower.
I don't have Elemental Ward ([Chroma]) subsumed. Should I use this build?
Without Heat Elemental Ward, you are not a true Ultimate Broberon™!
The health you give to yourself and your squadmates will increase their EHP by a bunch, and allow you to pretend you are [Wisp].
The build works without it, but there may be better [Oberon] builds out there for you. You can switch [Everlasting Ward] with something else you might like, but it synchronizes really well with your (Iron) Renewal.
I don't have Arcane Energize and/or Emergence Dissipate. Will it work?
It's possible, but the build will not work to it's full potential.
If you don't have either of them, you'll need to rely more on other worse methods to regain Energy, such as Energy Pads and/or [Hunter Adrenaline].
I don't have Arcane [Guardian]. What are my options?
If you don't have Arcane [Guardian], you can use Arcane Tanker or another arcane that provides armor.
If you do not have any, you'll be a bit less tanky, but it won't make a huge gap with Iron Renewal in place, since it gives a decent amount of flat armor.
I don't recommend running Umbral Fiber, since Oberon Prime has medium-low base armor (225), so you'll get a low value.
Why Heat Elemental Ward over Cold?
EHP calculation numbers are shown below. Ignore them if you are not into minmaxing and numbers in general.